Sunday, December 06, 2009

Dirty Dishes, Still Life Study


There were some dirty dishes that needed to be taken to the kitchen, instead I used them for this 9" x 12" acrylic painting.  It has probably been a year or so since I have painted with acrylics andI had forgotten how fast they dry.   The palette consisted of Cad. Red light, Cad. Yellow Deep, Yellow Ochre, Alizarin Crimson, Dioxazine Purple, Cobalt Blue and gesso for white.   My plan is to do a 20 minute painting using acrylics.  Wonder how much of the subject matter will get blocked in during that short time frame??

2 comments:

Gary Keimig said...

Dirty dishes came out pretty nice. Good job.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank, Gary. I have enjoyed visiting your blog to see your latest work. It must be very cold in your part of the U.S. now. I noticed -F temps in the Lander area.