Monday, November 23, 2009

TMC (Twenty Minute Challenge) #6


This morning's sketch is of a sweatshirt jacket with the wrong side facing out, hanging on a closet door.  Again, on 5" x 7" watercolor paper using a water soluble graphite pencil.

Last night, I practiced figure drawing a bit without measuring.  I'm determined to show the good and the bad and believe me, these two are way out of proportion.  I used a reference photo from drawing-tutorials-online.com.  I am a member and read and try to practice a lot of what is being taught.  I know these sketches/drawings don't do his teaching justice but someday!  There are small areas in each one that I like though.  These were drawn with watersoluble graphite on computer paper. Each of these are 20 minute drawings.



5 comments:

Micah said...

Each one shows more fluid motion though. Am liking the tension you achieved with this one. The proportion will come as you do more. I checked out the drawing tutorial site. That's pretty neat! Is a wonderful thing for us recluses lol

hwfarber said...

Hi--your 20-minute challenge works are delightful. I've made several attempts but the buzzer sounds before I get much accomplished.

Enjoyed reading your blog.

Kyle said...

Awesome

-kyle
www.ArtSavvy.com

Deb Léger said...

Hi Ann, looking good! You may not be happy with them but I think the one of the viewer's right has loads of great fluid lines that made very descriptive statements. I really like it!

Ann Buckner said...

Micah, being a recluse myself, I find the online instruction websites a big plus lol.

hwfarber, I have visited your blog a couple of times and think you get so much information in within the 20 minutes. Wonderful.

Kyle, thank you!

Deb, thank you too. I enjoy doing the figure sketches/drawings even if the proportions aren't perfect. I keep trying to think of the bones under the skin and how the muscle wraps around. I don't know a lot about the bones and muscle but it is fun to search and find out more then try to apply the information.