Wednesday, November 25, 2009

TMC #8


The flowers were picked from the flower bed outside my door.  I think they are crysanthemums.  I get so tickled because the first thing I zoom in on are things I would change, such as the water line.  It is a little lopsided.  I wonder what would happen if I took the time to sketch the bowl first? 

What do I like about this?  I like the freshness  and the variety of yellows in the flowers.  I didn't take the time to paint or shape the petals so they look like any flower rather than crysanthemums.  I have to admit that this is the way I enjoy painting flowers, so that is what I learned today. 

3 comments:

Margaret Ryall said...

Sometimes the lack of perfection works well when you want a spontaneous, energetic painting.
Margaret

Micah said...

Ok..I am SO getting tempted to join in this exercise.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you for stopping by, Maragret.

Micah, have you succumbed to the temptation to join?