Monday, November 30, 2009

TMC #11, Tennis Shoes


 Tennis Shoes
5" x 7"
Watercolor

At the end of 20 minutes I have one almost finished shoe and sock and one unfinished.  I really enjoyed painting this. Before painting this, I took the time to study the shoes and socks so that when the timer was turned on, I was ready to paint.  That is one of the lessons I'm learning - study and plan first, then paint.  I had good intentions of beginning the day with the TMC but here it is, 9:00 p.m.  Hopefully my good intentions will be filled with tomorrow's TMC posted early.. 

Today was filled with working on a graphite portrait.  I have four to do before Christmas and won't be posting any of them until after Christmas.  Don't want to spoil the surprises.   Plus, I want to join in the portrait project at the colorwatercolor group.  

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I'm really curious about the portrit already Ann, I'd say if the client is saying it looks like the person you're doing something really good and are on your way. You'd be able to post it when it's done or the client won't allow it?

Well, at least meanwhile I can enjoy the 20 minutes challenges :)

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Teresa, won't be posting the drawings until after Christmas. I think the next one I am going to do in charcoal. I am tickled you are enjoying the 20 minute challenge studies. They are liberating and a definite challenge.