Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sketching Features Practice

Yesterday did a few practice sketches in between cleaning and sorting this room. It is hard for me to paint or draw when everything is in chaos. I watched the excellent tutorials at drawingtutorialsonline.com. These are rough sketches as I try to embed in my brain the shapes of each feature. One of the most difficult for me to draw are both eyes, keeping them level with the iris the same size. Then there is the nose, looking at each plane, what turns under, which plane is catching the light, etc.




3 comments:

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann, these sketches are great. The third pair of eyes is simply wonderful. You should be very proud of your work.

RHCarpenter said...

These are wonderful! You should mat and frame them in small frames all together - how cool would that be?

Ann Buckner said...

Christiane and Rhonda, thank you both. :) Always so much to learn and enjoy. Neat idea, Rhonda. I'll wait though until I get better and more confident with the pencil strokes.