Friday, November 20, 2009

Daily 20 Minute Challenge #3


I had to make myself paint the 20 minute challenge as I'm tired after a busy day.  I wasn't sure what to paint then decided to paint a plastic watercolor palette and some of the round ceramic dishes filled with watercolors because they were so cheerful and colorful, along with a few brushes . 

I laid in the watercolor then put on the ink.  Everything is out of round and out of perspective.  The question at the end of the challenge is always, "what did I learn from this?"  I learned that I have a tendency to scribble, going over and over a line.  The other thing is I need to know more about painting wet in wet because there isn't time for the paint to dry. 

3 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

I really love spontaneous looking art--this qualifies!

RHCarpenter said...

Ann, I like both of your 20-min paintings so far. Wet-in-wet may not work with the time limit you have but if you stay small, you might be able to do it. And I need to do this but I'm going to draw instead of paint, I think.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you, Celeste! :)

Thank you also, Rhonda. I'm trying to do both the painting and the drawing. It is great that you are attending life drawing classes. Wish there was one close by here but there isn't as far as I know.