Friday, November 27, 2009

Cuties


Cuties
3 1/4" x 3 5/8"
Watercolor & Gouache
Arches 300# Cold Press paper

Cuties are a brand of very small oranges which I thought would be quite sweet.  I liked the size and the color so arranged them on a piece of paper this morning and began painting.  The first photo shows the painting at the end of 20 minutes.  I like the fresh look of the whole oranges.  I knew when I began this that I would keep painting rather than stop at the end of 20 minutes and do not consider this as part of the Twenty Minute Challenge.

The 2nd photo shows the finished painting.  I had to use white gouache on bits of the orange slices and on the orange peels.  Then I decided to scrub out the orange peels with a bristle brush.  I like the look of the peelings much better now. 

5 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

I like this a lot!!!

Nora Mackin said...

Ann this is one of my favorites. I love this orange.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks, Rhonda!

Nora, I am so pleased you like this.

Deb Léger said...

I just love your cuties, Ann! Beautiful!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks, Deb!