Sunday, October 18, 2009

Smushing Paint & You Tube Video

Blocking in a painting of my sister on 5" x 7" Ampersand board. I call it smushing paint as shapes are changed and adjusted. Feels so good to have a paint brush in my hand even if the painting doesn't look promising. Will let this tack up before modifying more.


Here is a link to a You Tube video by pluskvam showing Dega, Renoir and Monet. Pretty cool to actually see them with a paint brush in hand. Note how that fill their brush, place a few strokes, sit back and look at the painting before continuing on.

NOTE: I deleted the video because it encroached on the sidebar. Hope you clink the link though as it is interesting to watch.

5 comments:

Nora Mackin said...

Good to see you painting again Ann. I can't wait to see how this progresses. Enjoyed watching the Impressionists too. Loved to have seen it in color.

Mystery Artist said...

Hi! nice art there! I started a blog with the purpose of promoting art. The initial motive was to do my own art search but along the way, I met so many magnificent artist who needed to be seen, I found myself creating more and more ways to promote them. It seems to be going fairly well. Would you like to add your blog to the blog promotion directory?? check it out!

Deb Léger said...

Hi Ann, I love your painting so far! The background is great just like this. I know this will be a great painting of your sister. Thanks for posting the video - it was really interesting watching them paint! Monet is one of my favourites. how great that they were actually put on film so long ago.

Celeste Bergin said...

Again...so sorry to hear about your sister. It is such an odd thing to lose our siblings (and our parents). It is odd..and yet when you live long enough you realize that this is the nature of all things..that full circle thing. Knowing that doesn't always make any of it any easier. My heart goes out to you. Your painting of your sister is a marvelous beginning. It is interesting to me that our relationship with those we love does not end with death. It simply changes. It is a relationship still. I'll be watching your painting! Hugs to you and yours.

Ann Buckner said...

Nora,
Mystery Artist
Deb
Celeste

Thank you all for your kindness and your encouragement. It is truly appreciated. :)