Saturday, October 03, 2009

Chatter


Twins
Watercolor
2003

The end of another week which has been exceptionally busy. My room/studio has been painted but everything is still topsy-turvy. We also painted another bedroom and in the midst of putting everything back in it. During all this painting and moving things arounds, my sister has been in the hospital since Tuesday and we are taking turns staying with her throughout the day and night. Hopefully, she will be coming home tomorrow or Monday. Needless to say, painting and sketching has taken a back seat this week. I'm hoping that everything will be more normal in a couple of days. In the meantime, thanks for taking time to read this blog and for sticking around.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks like you have a lot going on, I hope Joyce gets well soon and can go back home Ann

Cindi said...

what a cute painting.. of you and your twin?? sounds like the room is almost finished.. yippee!!! hope you are finding time to take care of you.. didnt realize joyce was back in the hospital.. taking the blanket in so you stay somewhat warm?
thinking of you..

Celeste Bergin said...

Well, certainly hoping your sister is doing better. I do understand what you mean about how life can interrupt our art. Get back to it soon!

Mary Paquet said...

I found your blog through Christianne Kingsley. I love your work!

Deb Léger said...

Ann, Ann, Ann! Aren't you supposed to be taking it easy? ;-) Hope you're doing good and are feeling great! And I hope that Joyce is doing good.

Ann Buckner said...

Teresa, thanks! Joyce will be home sometime this week. The dr. said she has to take antibiotics a full seven days which will be tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed, they are working.

Cindi, yes, that is a small painting of me and my twin from my memory of us walking to Grandma's house. The blankets are there because Joyce has to have her room so cold that I sit there in a sweatshirt, a sweatshirt jacket and under blankets while she lays there with her arms out and feeling comfortable.

Celeste, I hope that sometime this week I can get back to painting and sketchng. Saw you on Facebook and really like what you are doing with your portratiure.

Mary, how kind of you, thank you!

Deb, My twin, her husband an my mom did most of the work. I did what I could and rested when necessary. I'm getting too much rest sitting with Joyce, ha ha. Need a bit of exercise.

Christiane Kingsley said...

Ann,
I hope that your sister is doing much better. Take care of yourself also!
I am so pleased that Mary found your blog through mine :-)

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Christiane, I was pleased too that Mary found this blog. It is appreciated.:)