Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Chatter


This photo was taken a couple of years ago at a family reunion. It is mostly siblings with children and grandchildren along with a a few cousins. The reason for the photo is we celebrated Mom's 91st birthday yesterday as well as other birthdays. So wonderful to share life with my large family.

Haven't done any drawing or painting other than starting a nose study which I won't post. It is so important when doing facial features to see and understand how the features sit in or on the face. I am having trouble setting the eyes in their sockets and the nose, though it looks simple, has been difficult for me to shape when drawing or painting.

My studio is topsy-turvy as I move out some furniture, getting ready to paint and rearrange. Because the room is so crowded it means doing one area and moving things back and forth. I know though, it will be well worth the effort. In the meantime, I want to clear an area so I can at least paint.

4 comments:

Micah Neff said...

My favorite book for anatomy drawing is "Byrne Hogarth's Dynamic Anatomy" Am making my students groan through it LOL The one is only 11 so his groans are the loudest...but he'll thank me in 4 years LOL Have you looked into "gesalt"?

Micah Neff said...

Throw another "t" in there for "gestalt"!

Teresa said...

hehehehe I've been looking for you in that photo but haven't found you yet, you ARE there, right? I'm going to keep searching, why aren't you in your Waldo t-shirt? ;)

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Micah, for the reference to Byrne Hogarth's "Dynamic Anatomy". I have looked through the book but haven't done a lot of study with it.

LOL Teresa, you didn't find me because I am not in that photo.