Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Chatter


This photo was taken by my niece after their move to California. I love the ocean in all its moods and thought this sunset was glorious.

My family and I have spent most our time sitting with my sister who is in the hospital so I haven't done any painting or sketching, mostly napping when I could. She is coming home today (I think) so hopefully everything will settle down and become more normal.

Thank you all for continuing to visit this blog even though there hasn't been much artwork recently. I am starting to get antsy to paint and draw. Those of you that paint know exactly what I mean!

6 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

I'm sorry you've had another trip to the hospital with your sister, Ann :( I know this is very hard for all of you. But on a happier note, wouldn't this gorgeous photo make a great glazed painting - hint hint!!

Teresa said...

Gorgeous photo Ann, I'd pay to be able to take a walk around that beach right now.
Didn't know about your trip to the hospital, I hope she feels better since they are letting her go home now.

Cindi said...

ann, you know that you , joyce and your family are in my thoughts.. where was that taken.. looks like here.. but maybe all piers look a like!!

Ann Buckner said...

Rhonda, Teresa, & Cindi, thank you all for your thoughtfulness. Joyce will be home in a couple of hours. You know how hard it is to rest in a hospital so she is ready to be here.

So pleased you enjoyed the photo. I am assuming the photo is someplace in the LA area as that is where they live.

Connie Shehan said...

That is a beautiful sunset. I saw some gorgeous ones in Key West also. Hope your sister is doing well, and that you are taking care of yourself too.

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Connie, I bet you get to see a lot of gorgeous sunsets in Florida. Hope you and yours are doing great! Thank you for stopping by!