Thursday, July 09, 2009

Landscape Sketch

I have joined with three artist friends to do a sketch a week of our local area or anything I see in this area. I am behind as this sketch was for last week lol.

The sketch on the left was the initial sketch done with water soluble graphite. It was cropped because I centered the tree. The sketch on the right is the same sketch but added more to the left side of the sketch, darkened some areas and then used a damp brush to blend and move the graphite.

5 comments:

Cindi said...

better late than never chickadee.. you know how envious i am of your sketching...good example of why!!!looks great!!!

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Cindi! :)

Fábio Cembranelli said...

Hi Ann! I like the second, it's "richer", you've added more depth, the composition is better. Love your previous posts, the study colors are gorgeous!

Deb Léger said...

Very nice, Ann! I like the one on the right especially with the building nestled in there. I'm going to post more at pals later after a few errands.....

Ann Buckner said...

Fabio, thank you! The study colors are based on Richard Schmid's palette of colors.

Deb, thank you also. The second photo does have a more finished look and a better composition.