Monday, June 29, 2009

Schmid/Swatland Study - In progress 2

Another update with what has been done today. I'm working left to right and there is much more yet to do. It is truly one of life's blessing to be able to enjoy the way I spend my time. Again, this photo is showing darker than the one on my hard drive. Must learn to compensate for that.

Doing this study has been an eye opener. It is not easy trying to follow brush strokes, mix colors, etc., and I'm not doing a very good job. But that is the whole point isn't it, learning to see and place strokes. I don't have all the colors used for this painting so I'm trying to come as close as I can. At this stage, I am trying to get the placement of the larger elements.

2 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

Ambitious! But you are doing a fine job thus far..I will check back. Great Schmid-esque colors and "abandon"

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Celeste, it felt very ambitious and I wish the paint had been applied with abandon LOL. I tried so hard to get the same kind of strokes of Mr. Schmid and Ms. Swatland. I didn't but doing this study definitely made me more conscious of the brushwork.