Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chatter


I haven't painted the last couple of day so here are a couple of photos for your perusal. A cemetery near Ninilchik, AK, if my memory is correct. The photo below I took from a helicopter of Prudhoe Bay, AK at least 25 years ago. Amazing how time passes so quickly.


On the art scene, I signed up for Katie Swatland's "Learning From Richard Schmid" monthly online lessons. I have read this month's lesson and have been studying Mr. Schmid's and Katie's paintings although I haven't begun the study itself. I have only copied a couple of Master's works so this really will be a new experience.

One other thing before closing, somehow I lost most of my watercolor blog links and am slowly adding as I go along. This is the second time this has happened to me. One day they were there, the next all were gone except for four or five. Weird, eh.

7 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Ann, are these little "houses" built over the graves? Very interesting!

Cindi said...

wow that first photo is interesting.. i had the same question?? and you are right time does fly!! yikes!!

Ann Buckner said...

Yes Rhonda and Cindi, they are little houses built over the graves. :)

Dean H. said...

Very exciting course: "Learning From Richard Schmid". He's my main contemporary inspiration among artists!

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Dean, I am excited about it and have been viewing both Katie Swatland and Mr. Schmid's work online as well as reading "Alla Prima". Happy Father's Day!

L.Holm said...

I love Richard Schmid's work, and keep re-reading his book. Keep us posted on how the online classes are going! That's very exciting.

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Liz, it really isn't a class, just studying Mr. Schmid's work thanks to Katie Swatland's own study of his work. No doubt it will help me in all areas of painting but especially with improving observation skills, brushwork and color.