Monday, May 11, 2009

White Hawk, Photos

One of our visitors this weekend was White Hawk, a four year old Arapaho boy from Wyoming. He came with his newly adopted grandfather, Tom, who is a wonderful family friend. I have to say this little boy captured my heart. We played with Leggo's, then played hide and seek. We sang and we tickled. I loved watching how he concentrated on each thing and then would look up with such openness of heart and joy. He and Grandpa Tom are leaving for home today and I will miss them.

What does this have to do with painting? Well, who could resist painting that face. I have several photos as he runs across the yard, concentrates on kicking the ball and just sits quietly.

7 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

You are right, Ann, White Hawk is an exceptionally beautiful child .... I can't wait to see your painting of him!

Lost in wonder said...

How cute! no wonder why you wnat to paint him.
Sounds like you had a great time with Tom and little White Hawk Ann.

Ann Buckner said...

Celeste and Teresa, thank you both for stopping by. It was pure joy meeting White Hawk. Definitely brought out the child in me. I hope when I paint him that I do him justice.

L.Holm said...

You are such a wonderful person! I'm realizing life has everything to do with painting! :-)

Ann Buckner said...

You are so right Liz. Life does have everything to do with painting, especially our attitude about what is happening in the moment.

Deb Léger said...

Can't wait to see the painting(s) that come from these photos, Ann.

Ann Buckner said...

I am anxious to get started too. As always it depends on what goes on daily as to how soon that will be. :)