Saturday, April 04, 2009

Chatter & Baby Puppies

What a day. I had to meet my sister and brother-in-law about 1 1/2 hours from where I live to deliver his insulin. They were on their way to California when he realized he didn't have it with him. While driving to meet him, my oldest sister was taken to hospital by ambulance since I wasn't home to take her. She has a bit of pneumonia and other problems and is now doing somewhat better. Then I came home from the hospital briefly and the small pregnant dog my niece brought me earlier this week delivered four puppies on the old recliner in the studio. They are absolutely adorable and all appear to be doing very well. So even though it has been so very hectic I am so very thankful that everything has worked out as well as it has.


Last night I worked on the upcoming Puzzle Piece and it is about 3/4ths finished so I am tickled about that. Then while sitting with Joyce at the hospital I did a couple of ink sketches, just playing around. I missed having the Sharpie I used on the first sketches because one can cover a large area quick. So it hasn't been a complete loss as far as art is concerned.

7 comments:

L.Holm said...

Wow, Ann! What a day, indeed! I hope your sister's feeling better, and out of the hospital soon. And congratulations of all of the puppies! they look large for newborns! So cute. Take care--hope you get a break on Sunday! Liz

RHCarpenter said...

You had all this going on today and you still had time and energy to make art?!? You are one super woman!

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Liz. My sister is doing better and so are the mother and puppies. The puppies are about four inches long.

Hi Rhonda, just some skethes while sitting at the hospital, nothing more. No super woman here as you well know. :)

debwardart said...

I am enjoying the depot painting - and "they" say you can't make changes to watercolor!!!
Hope your life gets back to normal quickly.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Deb! The changes in this painting were done with the help of gouache. The trick, as you know, is to use non-staining pigments, in case changes need to be made. :)

Dean H. said...

You sure had a busy day...glad your sis is doing better. The pups look really happy.
I really like the depot painting...great work!

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Dean. Things are looking up, all are doing well. :)