Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Puzzle Piece Watercolor Painting

Remember the post where I mentioned the Puzzle Piece I was doing as part of an art group challenge? There were four of us taking a piece of the puzzle to make a complete painting. This is my piece of the puzzle. The one area I really like about this painting is the yellow green veggie just above the sign. Another puzzle piece is in the works to be posted in about a month. That one too will be a challenge my painting abilities. Isn't it terrific when we have to stretch beyond what we normally do!

3 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

I like a lot of this one, Ann - in fact, it was so intriguing in the thumbnail at my blog that I had to come see it :) Do we get to see the whole thing when everyone is done?

Deb Léger said...

Yes Ann, I'd love to see the entire painting too! This is beautiful just on it's own!!

And congratulations on the Painting Friend of the Month award! You deserve it, Lady!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Deb and Rhonda. The composition was thanks to Desiree's photo. She did so well cropping the photo so each piece looked interesting.

And thank you Deb for the congrats. :) It was an honor to be chosen and totally surprising.