Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Passion For Painting Award

What a surprise when Dean from Deano's Den passed this award to me and six other artists that he felt were passionate about painting. Thank you Dean, for the award and recognizing that painting is like breathing to me, necessary. Be sure and visit Dean and enjoy his art. He can wield a brush that fills me with envy. Check out his color and impasto work! Now I am suppose to pass this on to seven other artists that I believe to be passionate about their work. I haven't met any of these artists except online. Some are professional artists while some are on their way, all have the passion it takes to reach their goals and dreams.

Rhonda Carpenter
Theresa Rankin
Celeste Vaught
Desiree
Ruth Harris
Deb Townsend

Now I must list seven other things I am passionate about. These are part of my everyday life:

1. My Heavenly Father
2. My daughter and family
3. My siblings and my mother
4. My friends, you know who you are!
5. The fresh, clean scent of rain
6. My dog, Lacey and animals in general
7. Believing that good overcomes evil.

As you can see, painting isn't listed, simply because that is a given and is part of my everyday life.

9 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Congratulations, Ann. I'd say you definitely have a passion for painting :) And thank you for passing it to me - I think I have a passion, too. Or maybe it's an obsession? Thinking about walking the neighborhood and taking photos of the flowers and trees blooming for some paintings...

Dean H. said...

Thank you for the glowing words of praise, Ann.
I love your seven recipients plus your seven passions!

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Rhonda! I definitely have the passion, it's the energy levels that are slowing me down lol. Hope you enjoyed your walk. Today is perfect here for painting a misty landscape.

Celeste Bergin said...

fun to read your passions..and I hope to see more of your work soon! I love the daffodil painting right below..it looks very happy indeed!

L.Holm said...

Hi, Ann! Beautiful watercolors, and wonderful list. Congratulations on the award. I found your site from Dean's link! Liz

Desiree said...

Hi Anne, Thank you for visiting my blog and giving me this award. I so appreciate it!! Your work is really amazing.

Ann Buckner said...

Celeste, I enjoy your work so much and thank you for visiting this blog.

Liz, just came from your blog which I enjoyed. Will be back for more visits. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

Desiree, thank you, you are an inspiration with your creativity.

Ruth S Harris said...

Oh wow!!!!!! What a wonderful honour, thank you Ann!!!!

And of course congratulations to you, too! I'll make sure I check the other blogs mentioned too.

I only just found your message on my blog, I've neglected it over the last week or so because the garden has been taking up so much time. The weather is bad now so I'm back to painting, which is no hardship! lol

Ann Buckner said...

Ruth, it was my pleasure to give you the well deserved award. I love the way you paint florals, you know. :)