Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chatter

There truly hasn't been any time to paint the last couple of days between dr's. appointment, running errands, doing paperwork, plus my first time at the gym . Also, the chain link on the fence has been replaced but we discovered my sister's husky, Bandit, can jump the five foot fence. So now extensions and wire will be put on the fence to extend the height so Bandit can't clear the fence when she comes for a visit. We have a beautiful rottweiler living across the highway that tries to get to Bandit and her German Shepherd roommate, Smoky, when they are here for a visit. We sure don't want any of the dogs hurt from a dog fight.

For your enjoyment, especially if you are a cat lover, the photo shows one of the kittens in the plum tree. This photo was taken a couple of years ago and I am pleased to say the plum tree and one apple tree survived the ice storm and are now in bloom.

For an artist, painting is never far from one's mind. While waiting for prescriptions to be filled today, I kept seeing a certain image in my mind. So now I have to sketch it out before the idea disappears to see if it is viable on paper or in paint.

4 comments:

Deb Léger said...

What a bummer about the fence being a bit too short! Poor Bandit. I hope the neighbour's dog doesn't ever hurt him.

Sheesh, for a minute, I thought those plums were taken now and I was amazed at how big they were for March. ROTFLOL. Then I read that the shot was taken a few years ago. I'm glad the tree survived the ice storm.

How was your time at the gym?

I hope you're feeling good, Ann.

Ann Buckner said...

It is rather funny about the fence and rather an expensive proposition to get the additional posts and wiring put on. But worth it to keep the animals safe from other dogs and highway traffic.

LOL, the plum tree is just now blooming but hopefully it will be an excellent year for plums. It is lovely to see the apple, plum and ornamental pear trees in bloom.

It is fun working out for a bit at the gym. My twin and two nieces were with me and we all enjoyed it. A bit sore today but worth it. :)

L.Holm said...

Great shot! Would make a great painting. : )

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you, Liz