Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chatter & Watercolor from the Archives

Yesterday, I took a much needed break from everything and just relaxed except for a few minutes at the gym and visiting Painting Friends to see the activity there. There is now a Lonely Brush Club where members can set up their own team and paint what they want, from the same photo, their own photos or from real life. The individual team decides the subject matter, length of time of the project and how often the team will post their work. Should be lots of painting enjoyment for the members wanting to study certain subjects.

I did this painting during the year of painting that a group of five did in 2005. We did a painting a week for a full year. That was a most enjoyable adventure. During that time, five strangers became friends. Because I don't paint flowers very often, I find them a challenge. I have to admit though, I love the colors in this one.

I forgot the mention that I think the reference photo used was from the Wet Canvas RIL.

7 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Beautiful colors in this, Ann, and I love the new top banner :)
I hope to get to spend more time at Painting Friends in the future - it looks like a good place!

Ruth S Harris said...

Hahaha! Yes, the reference was from the WC RIL - it was one of mine! Your version is one of the best I've seen done from it.

I think the Lonely Brush Club will be a great success once it gets going Ann :o)

Lost in wonder said...

Ah, wasn't it fun? :) I love that tulip

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Rhonda, thanks for stopping by. As you have see by now I changed the banner again. Since my birth sign is Pisces decided fishes were the things to have. :)

Ruth, thank you. That is quite a complement coming from you as you are such a fantastic floral artist. I really loved the photo and wish I were as talented in taking photos as you are.

I think you are right, the Lonely Brush will be a success. It is off to a good start already!

Hi Teresa, as you remember all too well the Year of Painting was fun. Need to do it again just to exercise my brain and creativity not to mention the brushes. Plus, going to the gym and just armchair traveling felt wonderful too.

Stop in again and chat when you have a few. Hoping to see some of your new work posted soon!

Patrice said...

Hi - I'm enjoying your blog after seeing you on Dean's blog award list. Congratulations!

The tulips are spectacular - and I adore the kitten up a tree !

Lost in wonder said...

Well Ann, if you want to try the top again in the future count me in, I'm serious about it.

So you are enjoying the gym? I'm so happy, it'll make you feel better.

A completely different subject but... do you think if I add some sand to the gesso I'll get a nice texture to paint over it? Ifeel like a 2 years old kid trying to learn how to spell lol

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Patrice, thank you for stopping by the blog. Congratulations to you as well on receiving the award from Dean. :) I enjoyed all of your blogs and really enjoyed seeing the murals you paint.

Hi Teresa, let's go to PALS and talk about another YOP, okay? Haven't been to the gym this week. :( Allergies have come calling this week so not much done on anything.