Monday, March 09, 2009

Birthday Portrait Update 6




Today is Sharon's birthday and her portrait is not ready. Hopefully it will be ready by the time she arrives home from her visit with her son and family.

This looks like Sharon if you look past the mottled skin. Another thing I have found strange is that the reds in are face are more of an orange-red while her pullover top is more of a blue-red. Really strange what a camera can do.

I am going to lightly scrap this down (again), leaving a ghost image, to use as a guide to get smoother skin tone transitions. Wish me well!

5 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Well, you are there looking at it so you can see the mottled skin - I don't see it even when I blow it up some. I sure hope your brush is ready to do some "dancing" to have it ready in time!

Dean H. said...

I don't see any problems with the skin on my monitor either.
Many artists would consider this done...but I know that you have your own vision of how you want it to look...Good luck, Ann.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you both for your comments, Rhonda and Dean.

I missed the deadline for Sharon's birthday but she is patient with me and knows I am trying hard to get the best resemblance of her I can. She also knows how picky I am ha ha.

Deb Léger said...

Oh tell me it isn't so! You're really scraping it down again? You *do* have a lot of guts to scrape down like that, though. I looks great to me like it is. The skin looks good to me.

The colour red is the hardest to photograph, Ann.

Ann Buckner said...

Yeah, scraped down and I'm sitting here looking at it as I have been for days. I hope by next week things have settled down a bit and I can concentrate on it.