Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stormy Night

It was a stormy night in Oklahoma and filled with tragedy in some areas. We were blessed to make it through without injury or damage of any kind. This morning the ground is rain soaked and it rather a gray, dreary day until one looks closer. One can see the red in the bushes near green cedars or yellow ochre grasses with areas of green showing through. It is a lovely morning. We are safe and well.

To add a little brightness here is a photo of the porcelain trays and bowls I used to mix paint for the Egg & Glass painting. I was looking at the way the light was brightening the colors and they just glowed next to each other. That glow doesn't show in the photo but when I look at it, my mind remembers how it looked and it brings a tingle of excitement.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

I am glad you are ok Ann!
I like your glass and egg, really nice!

RHCarpenter said...

Glad you made it through the stormy weather safe and sound...

Deb Léger said...

Hi Ann, don't you love using porcelain rather than plastic to mix your paint?

I'm glad you're safe! I heard about the bad weather in Oklahoma City on the news. I hope the t-storms weren't too scary for you.

Ann Buckner said...

Dawn, Rhonda, Deb, thank you all for your thoughts. So many people suffered heavy losses and damage, my heart goes out to them.

Deb, love using porcelain plus it cleans up so well. Now I want a palette like Sandy's ha ha.

Lost in wonder said...

Glad the storm didn't damage your area Ann, isn't it spring already?
*steals the porcelain and runs*

Deb Léger said...

Oh, you have to watch that Teresa so closely, don't you? ROTFLOL! Cheap Joe's has a porcelain one that is a really good price - have you seen it yet?

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Teresa! Ha ha Deb. Thanks for the tip on the porcelain palette, I will check on it.