Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Puzzle Piece Painting for A Watercolor Group

I've been painting but it is for a watercolor group project and the painting can't be shown until it has been posted in the group. Each member was sent a photo to paint and then the paintings are put together to make a whole painting. The person setting this up did a terrific job with the smaller individual photos as the compositions can stand alone or in a group. I thought it would a photo of simple shapes and design but to my surprise it was a complex photo and challenging to paint. I had to stretch my abilities to even complete the painting. Stay tuned because eventually the painting will be posted.

Since I can't post the Puzzle Piece painting, my thoughts jumped ahead to Spring and our annual Strawberry Festival. To go along with those thoughts here is a photo of strawberries before they were cleaned and stemmed to make Strawberry Shortcake.

1 comment:

RHCarpenter said...

Don't forget to show us when the full painting is ready, Ann!