Saturday, February 21, 2009

Birthday Portrait Update 2

Yesterday I worked more on Robert's facial features. These are pretty close to accurate as far as shape and placement. I am painting very thinly as I work through each area, scraping and repainting as needed. The background is just there and isn't finished. This is what happens when I don't have a clear idea as to what I would like in the background area.

A little background on Sharon and Robert which is important in this painting. They are two of the happiest people I know. Every photo I have of Sharon shows her smiling. Robert is always joking and is gifted when it comes to telling a story. That is what I would like to convey in this painting, their outlook on life and how much I enjoy and love them.

2 comments:

Deb Léger said...

Wow Ann! You're doing a fantastic job on this!!! It's beautiful! I'm certain they are going to love it. Hope they don't peek in here. lol. I'm glad you're showing your progress because it shows us how you complete a portrait, step by step. Which I can't even imagine doing.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Deb. It would shock me if Sharon did look at the blog ha ha.