Thursday, January 08, 2009

Some Days

Some days are just meant to be spent quietly, and this morning has been one of them. I just spent one of the most pleasant hours at the website of Colin Page, viewing his artwork and reading his journal entries. As I viewed his work, I could feel the heightened awareness running through me, appreciating the delicious color play, the sure brushwork, his design/compositions, but even more it was the feeling he was in tune with the moment which brought added zest to his work. He does just as well with the written word, drawing one in, wanting to read more.

Since I haven't sketched or drawn anything today, here is a photo of a couple of the quarter horses belonging to my brother, taken during the summer a couple of years ago. That is me, petting Bucky, who will follow you anywhere if you have a bucket of feed. I will sketch or paint something but for some reason I am in the mood to clean and straighten the studio. When I'm in this mood, it is best to pay attention to it as it doesn't happen often.

No comments: