Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Sadie Watercolor


8" x 13 1/2" Image Size
12" x 17" Paper Size
Fabriano Aristico Soft Press Paper

I cropped the painting to the smaller size because I think the composition works better. The background has a soft flesh tone wash behind the chair. I mucked up Sadie's face as their isn't the smooth transition in tones that I wanted. I am not displeased with the painting but feel I can do better. Now I am really happy I transferred the original drawing to tracing paper in case I decide to do this painting again.

3 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

Ann,
This is a really eye cathcinh composition and from here it looks wonderful! Way to go:-D

Teresa said...

The composition works IMHO and I'm in love with those fleshtones you achieved, way to go Ann.

Waiting for your next step already

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you both, Sandy and Teresa. I appreciate the feedback.