Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rough Sketch of Brian

This is the first rough sketch of Brian practicing his karate moves. I didn't erase and the proportions are off but by doing quick little rough's, one gets a feel for the movement, the shapes, which helps when a regular drawing or painting is done. This sketch isn't fluid as the lines look stiff to me instead of more gestural but that will come with time and practice. That right arm is really hideous but I'm not changing it as I want the sketches to chronicle improvement over the next months. (Keeping my fingers crossed for that *smile*.)

It is always such a treat to shop for art supplies which is what I did Tuesday. Brought home more panels and canvas along with some oil paints, and brushes for both watercolor and oils.

Yesterday was also the day for me to work on the Artists of Northwest Arkansas(ANA) 2009 Prospectus for their main show of the year to be held July 10 through August 7, 2009. This show is open to all artists located in Arkansas, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas. Once the Prospectus is finalized it will be posted on the ANA website and I will post the direct link here in the blog.

No comments: