Monday, January 05, 2009

Lilac Sketch

It has been chilly here all day and my thoughts turned to Spring. I found a photo of some lilacs I took a couple of years ago and used that for the reference for this sketch. I think the sketch could use more darks or value changes around and within the lilacs.

Made it to the dr. today and am now wearing a walking boot which helps for balance when using crutches. This has been an eye opening experience, realizing how loss of muscle has impacted my abilities to lift myself or even walk well with the crutches. I have good intentions to correct that. Maybe improving my muscle tone will also improve the way I see things. Probably not as that is an exercise of a different kind. But I think sketching is one way to exercise the way I see, don't you?




No comments: