Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Icy in Oklahoma

Power just came back on thanks to Ozarks Electric, who are really on the ball. I feel for those workers that are having to work in these conditions. We have ice on the trees and power lines but not as bad as in other areas of the state, or farther north or south of us.

It is my understanding that there is more to come tonight and tomorrow. It is my hope and prayer that it won't be as bad as expected, especially for those that are elderly or in ill health.
While the power was out, I started a color wheel for a new color theory group I just joined. By starting at the beginning, doing color wheels of the different color palettes such as the split-complementary palette or a triad palette, it will broaden my understanding and usage of color.

Oops, the lights are flickering so will post this

2 comments:

Deb Léger said...

Hi Ann,

How are you doing in the ice storm? Okay, I hope. I haven't heard from you for a while so I sure hope you have power and heat and food.

Deb

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Deb, As you can see the power came on this morning. I'm waiting on the hot water heater so I can get in the shower. Then it will be time to do dishes, sort out the refrigerators and freezers. If I could kick up my heels I would ha ha.