Saturday, January 03, 2009

Hand and Tiger Sketches


This morning was started off sketching my hand. When this sketch was first started I drew circles and cylinders for each part of the fingers so I would know the approximate placement of the joints and the length of the fingers.















Then I went to Paint Friends.com and downloaded a photo for their 2HC challenge, which is to paint or draw and stop in two hours or less.

The tiger is from the 2HC reference photo and took approximately 25 minutes to sketch.

4 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

These both look good, Ann. Hands are difficult for me to get right.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Rhonda. I hope to do more and am going to try drawing with my left hand. That should be interesting!

Celeste Bergin said...

good drawings..! I am glad to see drawings!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Celeste. I'm hoping to have a stack of them that will show some improvement over the next few months.