Thursday, January 01, 2009

2008 Went Out With A Bang or Should I say Foot


I'm laughing at the comedy of errors that occurred last evening, the major one being I broke some of the bones in my left foot. I won't go into the details but trust me, in retrospect it had its hilarious side. I'm not great on crutches so plan to spend more time sitting.

This is an opportunity to do more reading and sketching while propping up my foot. I'm still reading Richard Schmid's book, "Alla Prima" as there is so much to absorb, I go back and reread passages and ponder what was read. Great, great book.

The watercolor painting shown is of rope sitting on a dock. I liked the abstract qualities and the palette of this painting which was done in either 2004 or 2005.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy new year Anne!
and I hope your foot heals quickly!
I like this painting, and the colors. very cool!

Deborah A. Léger said...

I've always loved this rope painting. I hope your foot is doing a bit better. It's a slow process so enjoy the extra time you'll have to draw and paint. And let everyone pamper you!

RHCarpenter said...

So sorry you've hurt your foot and have to sit more - take it slow and easy with reading and sketching and painting to fill your time. Beautiful painting!

Ann Buckner said...

Dawn, Deb and Rhonda, thank you all for your comments. Foot is doing well in its cast, keeping it elevated most of the time. Hope to do some sketching now that I am more awake. lol