Friday, December 05, 2008

Nude Sketches

Today was "practice" day with graphite and charcoal. Four studies of the same pose were done, and believe me they aren't anything to brag about. I'm sharing these simply because practice studies like these are important for working out kinks or problem areas. They help one to become familiar with tilt, angles, shapes, measurements, foreshortening, etc. , of the body. It takes hours and hours of doing these studies to become proficient at both seeing and drawing the human body. In these studies, I haven't tried for an actual likeness as I was more interested in the overall measurements, etc.

Because some people are offended by nudity I have chosen to place them on my website, so click HERE, if you want to view them, then click on the photos to enlarge them.

2 comments:

Sandra T said...

Beautiful soft drawing of the female model on your website. I post up my life drawings on my blog...and assume no-one will be offended!

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Sandra, for your comments on the drawing. I enjoyed your blog too as I just took a quick look at the work you are doing. Love the collage and newsprint work you used to draw on.