Thursday, November 27, 2008

Peace Rose, Watercolor

Instead of adding a new post I decided to update yesterday's post with additional photos after the corrections were made. A bit more definition/shape was added to the petals in the third row from the bottom and in a couple of other areas. I personally like it better now and hope you do too!. For those of you that commented and didn't want me to touch the painting, I hope you find the minor tweaks an improvement. I do appreciate your comments/feedback and hope you keep them coming, but sometimes one just has to go with one's own gut feeling.




Peace Rose

Watercolor
6" x 6"
Paper size 10" x 10"
Fabriano Aristico Soft Press

Happily I got to paint today in between household tasks. Before this painting is signed I will let it sit awhile to get a fresh view. I think some petals on the viewer's right, third row up from the bottom, maybe need a little more separation/delineation.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Stunning! don't you dare to touch those petals Ann *teresa dixit*

RHCarpenter said...

I agree with Teresa! Beautiful - and such a breath of spring, especially when it's enlarged and you get to see all the lovely soft colors and shapes. Don't touch it, please!!!!

RHCarpenter said...

No, Ann, I can never speak to you again! ha ha Just kidding - your inner vision for this was right and the shaping and darkening in places didn't change that soft look. You may need to soften that one block of paler green behind the bud/stem in the upper left corner just a bit. It's still beautiful - now STOP!!!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Teresa and Rhonda! Thanks for the feedback on the the pale green area too. I probably won't touch the painting again except to mat it and see what it looks like in the frame.

Teresa said...

I knew I should have use the jedi tone, you're not affraid of me at all lol, anyway, I know what you mean by following your intuition when painting and you did well following it, it looks as fresh as before, thumbs up!

Ann Buckner said...

Ha ha, Teresa, Jedi tone, you? Nope, never afraid of friends.