Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Onions Anyone

Onions Anyone
6 1/2" x 9"
Fabriano Aristico Watercolor Paper

I belong to an online art group known as Painting Friends and each month a member gives a demo and we try to learn the techniques shown in the demo. This painting of onions was for the month of October and I'm late painting it. I had never painted an onion before and even though I'm posting this painting, I will look at it again and decide if a few changes need to be made such as more definition or contrasts, sharper or more diffused edges. The watercolor is painted on a 7 1/2" x 11" piece of watercolor paper but I am going to crop it to 6 1/2" x 9" when matted.

11 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

You don't need to do another thing to this painting, Ann. It's beautiful as is - without another stroke of the brush :)

Dawn said...

this is great Ann!!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Rhonda. I did darken a couple of areas and it does look better. The painting with the changes can be viewed on my website. Bet you can't hardly tell the difference lol.

Hi Dawn, thanks for taking a look at my work!

Sandy Maudlin said...

Beautiful. I was about to leave a comment about adding a bit of warmer violet on the top onion in the corner are, then checked out the completed pntg on your website. Excellent!

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Sandy, thanks so much! I'm enjoying your paintings and your blog so much.

Deborah A. Léger said...

Wow Ann! Awesome onions!!! What a beautiful painting.

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Deb, thanks for the great comments.

Maggie Latham said...

Ann,
I love the subtle colours in this painting. Never realised onions could be painted to look so interesting! Haven’t been on PF for a while so I must have missed this…

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Maggie, good of you to take a look at this blog. I'm pleased you enjoyed the painting.

Ron said...

I thought those onions looked familiar.

ron

Ann Buckner said...

Hee hee recognized them, did you . . .