Sunday, November 30, 2008

Dec. 1st, World Aids Day

Monday, December 1st, is World Aids Day and to further awareness here is a postcard from the World Aids Campaign organization. One can also do a search and find a list of organizations that are fighting this devastating disease.

On Painting . . .

I have been painting in oils today but don't have anything to show for it. I don't consider days like this a loss at all. By the time this painting is finished, the one thing I will have learned is how many color mixtures there are for grass and foliage from the color palette I'm using. I love the creating, watching the strokes as slowly the subject emerges. Trying to impart excitement, impact, or the soft visual quality that entices. I'm trying to find my painting "voice" so today was practicing the scales with notes of green.

No comments: