Thursday, November 20, 2008

Comment Moderation & Another WC Study of Reds

I'm a big fan of comments and appreciate the feedback from all those that comment. From this morning on though, I will be monitoring comments before they appear on the blog. Comments that appear to be advertising will not be allowed. No spamming. That's my rant for the day.

Now on to the main subject which is the beginning of another watercolor study of reds. The image below is of the stem part of the strawberry. This has been painted wet on dry paper which gives a little more control. Where this ends up is anyone's guess. I am using a reference photo of locally grown strawberries that I took earlier this year.

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

I'm enjoying your strawberry studies, Ann, and loved the first one because it was so light and airy and yet had such good modeling on the strawberries (you done good with that much hated fruit! haha)
I always moderate my commenters - you never know who is out there and I've never had to discard a comment because it was scary, mean, or spam yet - but it doesn't hurt to have that option just in case.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Rhonda. I really enjoyed just playing, even though the studies first done aren't the best. It is from these though that ideas come.