Friday, October 24, 2008

Swingin', WIP

16" x 20" Oils on stretched canvas. I have done a lot of painting, scraping off and repainting with this WIP. Lots of corrections to do yet and additional children, etc., to put in. The reference for this painting consists of my own photos.

As children we spent a lot of time skating up and down the sidewalk and off of the porch as well as playing in the barn. The next generation came along and they played on the slide and swing set plus climbing trees. It would have been great to paint this outside in front of the house but it is just too chilly for me.



3 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

It's easy to see how much you are enjoying the oils. You've really captured the softness and love of a place. I liked how strong the values were in the previous painting, too, really suggesting distance.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Sandy. I am enjoying oils a lot. I do love this place and the memories I have of it and hope that comes through in the finished painting. I'm pleased you enjoyed the values in the previous painting too. With watercolor I have yet to get the value right the first go round. One of these days I will!

Deborah A. Léger said...

Beautiful Ann!!!!