Friday, October 17, 2008

Old Baptist Mission, Half Sheet Watercolor

















I added shadows to the bottom portion of the painting to break up that area and then took the painting outside for a photo. The top left photo shows more red inside the house while the top right photo shows more blue in natural daylight. I find it amazing how different lights cast a different color.



















Watercolor painted to the edges on a half sheet (15" x 22") Arches 300# paper. I would mat this to approximately 13.5" x 20.5". As can be seen by the reference photo, I changed the season to reflect winter.

2 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Ann, this is gorgeous! The colors you have in the snow and snow shadows, the whole painting is painted with a great watercolor touch! I love seeing you paint in wc more (I'm biased but I really love your watercolors!)

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you so much Rhonda!