Saturday, October 04, 2008

Northwest Pasture, new photo

So using Photoshop I increased the gamma (lightened) to see if this is better.

I posted the photo earlier this morning and the color looked right. No corrections using Photoshop. This evening, on my monitor, the photo looks very, very dark. So now I don't know whether it is that dark on everyone's monitor or if it is just mine. Strange things going on, so will trust that someone will left me know whether this photo looks just a bit darker and more saturated than the original photo or if it look very, very dark. Computers/monitors are wonderful tools but when they go on the "blink" they can be quite frustrating too.
I took this photo at the same time as the one posted below, placing the painting on the carport floor, where it would get the least glare from the bright sunlight. The painting is somewhat lighter but saturation is about right.

I thought I would bring to the reader's attention, that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. More information on programs and events can be found at the American Cancer Society website.

4 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

I have to tell you, Ann, I wasn't sure about this when you shared the first stages (just a bunch of brushstrokes to me, a non-oil-painter! ha ha) but this is gooood! Powerful, strong color and good composition. The only thing I'd do is add some highlights to dance our eyes in and around the painting - but nothing more. Well done!

Deborah A. Léger said...

Wow Ann,

I'm so impressed and envious! All this en plein air!! Beautiful painting!!!

You are just so lucky to have this kind of scenery right outside!

Deb

Dianne Mize said...

Getting the photo right can be a real headache, can't it. I've noticed that Blogger generally presents them with less contrast than the original, so I always have to go back and add some contrast so that Blogger will interpret it right.

Aside from all that, you've done a lovely painting here, Ann. Rich colors and beautiful harmony.

Ann Buckner said...

Rhonda, Deb & Dianne, thank you for all your comments. I hope the more "from life" painting I do, the more improvement.