Thursday, October 09, 2008

Class Plein Air 2, Working from memory in-studio


My homework was to work from memory matching colors, in my studio. Wellll, I have a faulty memory so I checked photos for sky lightness, grass colors, etc. I don't have a photo of the actual area in this painting so that is all from memory.

In the top right photo, I have only worked on the sky, background and ground areas, plus slimming done a few branches of the trees.
In this photo, again on the right, I worked more on making the ground areas recede and the different planes within the ground. In looking at the painting and this photo, there needs to be more differentiation between the foreground lone tree and the background tree line. In painting the background trees I went over the foreground tree limbs so they will have to be tweaked again as well.


No comments: