Friday, September 26, 2008

09-26-08 Class

Today's class was great. First, I asked Tim to look at the British Columbia Lodge painting. I knew the background tree colors were all wrong, so he offered me some suggestions on that. So now I will be sanding down the tree area and reworking that area. So neat to have a knowledgable artist willing to help!

We started off the morning with a new plein air study, working for an hour or so. Then Tim talked on composition, value studies, and a bit on Sargent and Homer. Then we work on last week's plein air. By that time the sun was in approximately the same place as last week. Below is a slide show that shows some of what was happening today.


4 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Love your trees, Ann, even the just started one (at an hour)!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Rhonda!

Deborah A. Léger said...

Hi Ann, I love your slideshows! Your trees are both beautiful - I'd sure love to see last week's tree in a larger format. It looks beautiful! I'm so glad you're enjoying your classes!

Deb

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Deb! Thanks for the comments on the trees. I am about to move my paint box outside to paint greens. I am struggling so with painting foliage and getting the right colors/values. So if the next photo of me shows me bald headed you will know it has to do with mixing greens ha ha.