Friday, August 01, 2008

This and That

The photo is one taken in February, 2008. I like the dark/light contrasts of the snow and the tree limbs. The tree limbs always remind me of the intricacies of lacework.

The power will be off in part of my room today while the rewiring is being done. That means no computer. I'm planning this as an opportunity to set up my paints either on the patio or the carport. It will be hot no matter where I paint so I might as well enjoy a bit of the light southern breeze.

I thought I would also take this opportunity to direct you to Diane Mize' blog, Compose, which has a post about the Golden Mean and Rabatment. Rabatment is the square found within a rectangle. Diane explains it much more fully in her post. The neat thing is to make a viewfinder that shows the rabatment, so that when one is looking through the viewfinder one can more easily place key subjects within the rabatment.

2 comments:

Dianne Mize said...

Ann, thanks for pointing folks to the Compose blog. Hope you get this construction stuff behind you in a hurry.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Diane. I hope the construction will soon be over too. Thank you for providing such great information!