Monday, July 28, 2008

No Painting or Drawing

Note: My monitor contrasts decided it wanted to change on its own. So hope this isn't showing too dark or too light on your monitors. Gremlins again.

It hasn't been possible to get any painting or drawing done the last few days. When I haven't been on the go, I've been resting. Today has been another day running errands and moving furniture, etc.. away from the electrical outlets so the electrician can rewire. So art materials are packed away for right now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't take long to complete!

The photo is of a watercolor painting done in 2003. It is 95F and temps are expected to go higher so thought a snow globe the perfect antidote to cool down. This painting was done from a still life setup. One thing I've noticed with my older photos is that their intensity has deteriorated. They look faded so I increased the saturation to give an idea as to the colors. The background in this painting (if I remember right) is Pthalo Blue, Alizarin Crimson and Pthalo Green which creates a very dark background.

6 comments:

welles said...

Interesting blog!

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Welles, I'm pleased you enjoyed it.

Katherine Tyrrell said...

So that's rewiring in that heat with no air-con and no fans? Ouch!

My sympathies about the monitor - the painting looks fine at this end.

Ann Buckner said...

We began this project the end of May when it was cooler and the electrician picks his own hours. Scheduling his day around his own priorities. I do feel for him when he has to work in the attic. There is a fan and light but isn't much help when this hot. Thankfully he isn't there for long periods of time. The house itself is cool since we are using window AC's until the central heat and air is installed and he kept the power on the old breaker box until it was time to switch. He has done a terrifically neat, systematic job.

Thanks too for letting me know how the painting looks on your monitor and for visiting this blog!

RHCarpenter said...

It looks fine on my end, Ann. Sorry about all the work being done and the heat!! We are having a heat wave now - it's official since the weather men/women are all calling it that - temps in the high 90Fs each day and sticky!!! Time to dream myself into that snow globe :)

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks for the feedback, Rhonda. I'm thrilled that as of today the electrical work in the main part of the house is done except for my room and the wiring for the heat and air. We are waiting on the installation people to tell us where the unit will be sitting so we know where to install the wiring. So it is a matter of hurry up and wait. Tomorrow means another phone call to see what is happening on their end, so the electrician can do his planning.