Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

It is hot in Oklahoma although the days are beautiful and sunny. The electrician is working in this heat trying to get the wiring completed. I certainly don't envy him his job. The last few days have had their ups and downs. Mom had a trip to the emergency room on Saturday but is slowly getting better. I haven't felt much like painting although I have spent time looking at artwork inbetween trips upstairs to make sure everyone is okay.

I received in the mail new paint I want to try, the Golden Open acrylics. They stay open longer so that edges can be blended easier and I am so excited by that fact alone. Sometimes in acrylics, to get the edges soft and blended, one has to paint in layers. So being able to blend from the get go is a big plus. I am a big fan of Golden and Tri Art. It is my understanding Tri Art also makes the Quiller acrylics which I have and they are great. Good body and luscious color.

4 comments:

RHCarpenter said...

Hope you feel more like painting soon, Ann :) I just ordered some Da Vinci fluid acrylics from Cheap Joe's - going to try Nick Simmons' techniques with them in August.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Rhonda. I hope I feel like painting soon too. That sounds exciting, trying the fluid acrylics. Hope to see your work on it soon.

Deborah A. Léger said...

Hi Ann,

One day, us painting pals need to all gather here in Cornwall and we could take a day-trip to Kingston (only 1 1/2 hours away) to the Tri-Art Paint place. I hear they give tours there and we could watch the paint being made! Sound like fun?

And there's so many places along the way to stop and paint, like The Thousand Islands!

Hope you like those paints! Hope your headache is gone, too. I have total faith in your cow painting, by the way.

Ann Buckner said...

Hi Deb, wouldn't that be a treat to come to finally meet all of my painting Pals plus, visit Cornwall and Kingston. If you visit the Tri Art paint company hope you will share your experiences with us on your blog. Your part of the world sounds so wonderful with the kind of scenery I love.