Saturday, May 10, 2008

Sadie Study Update



This is the continuation of the 2nd study of Sadie painted on an 1/8th sheet of watercolor paper. I failed with the straight watercolor so mixed the watercolor with gesso to get a little closer resemblance. The left thigh showing behind the right leg needs to be darkened and her fingers lengthened.
For your viewing pleasure here is a photo I took yesterday of some of the local strawberries I stemmed. Don't they look luscious. Today was the annual Strawberry Festival where they serve strawberries to several thousand people.

6 comments:

Deborah A. Léger said...

Those strawberries look soooooooo good! I can't believe how early you get fresh strawberries!!! (I just heard that a bad tornado ripped through Oklahoma. Are you okay in your area?)

Never say "failed" - it was a good learning experience, right? You "learned". ;-)

This Sadie is looking really good! I like how the neck looks much smaller now.

Ann Buckner said...

The tornado was very destructive, damaging many, many homes and other buildings. I haven't listened to the news this morning but it is my understanding that there were also a few deaths. I step-father's sister lives in Pitcher and she sat out the tornado in her home and survived it.

Thanks for the encouragement Deb. It still isn't Sadie as I made the depth of her head to wide (from front to back). It does look more like her though. I'm going to start a big of her and hope to work all the way through in staight transparent watercolor. Sandy suggested going larger so I am!

Sandy Maudlin said...

The three dimensional look of the arm is fabulous. EXCELLENT shading and color choices. Keep up the great work!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Sandy!

Bob said...

Great color, look and feel; your work on Sadie is very appealing.

Ann Buckner said...

Thank you Bob. I do appreciate the feedback!