Saturday, May 31, 2008

Oklahoma Morning Photos

I don't expect to get much painting done today (but that could change depending on interruptions) so decided to post a few photos. This is the view I see while sitting at my computer. I don't even notice the things leaning and stacked against the fence near the storage building. What always captures my attention are the patterns of light and shadow, the birds as they light on the wrought iron gate near my door or the horses as they meander through the pasture. This photo was taken about 7:30 this morning.
This photo was taken of the North pasture about 7:30 this morning. I stooped in front of the car to get an eye level view. The glow of the early morning light was so beautiful and wish it was truly reflected in this photo.

This photo (taken in the afternoon a week or so ago) is of my twin mowing our lawn (trying to miss the baby fruit tree) with her new husky mix puppy, Bandit. Bandit also has a German Shepherd puppy companion named Smokey, which was Sharon's birthday present from her husband.

4 comments:

Deborah A. Léger said...

Ann, you have my eternal envy for being able to live on such a beautiful farm! I love the country and feel so claustrophobic in the city. I always love seeing your interpretations of your beautful world in your wonderful paintings!

Looks like Bandit is doing a great job of mowing the lawn. Oh! I mean Sharon's doing a great job. lol.

Do you keep animals on your farm?

Ann Buckner said...

It is a lovely area, rugged but beautiful. Sometimes we have stray dogs that visit and we pasture a few quarter horses belonging to my brother. It is great to watch them meandering the pasture.

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! wow looks like you're having sucha nice weather there now that summer is comming. My fav one is the the one with Sharon and Bandit of course, how did you trick her to do the hard work while you where taking photos? hehehe, but then she seems to be having a lot of fun driving that thing around ;)

Envious Teresa from a sixth floor in the middle of the big city :(

Ann Buckner said...

Sometimes there are advantages to living in a big city, such as art stores, galleries and museums, so lucky you too!!! On the other hand, there is nothing like the simplicity (and less traffic) of country life. Luckily for me, Sharon loves to mow the lawn. Hope she comes soon as it needs it again after the rains we just had ha ha.