Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Watercolor Play

Watercolor Play
1/8th Sheet
Fabriano Hot Press Paper

I quickly did this today.

I placed big blobs of water on the paper with a brush then first dropped in a lemon yellow.
Placed more blobs of water, large and small, dropped in quin. violet.
Used a brush to connect the dots and let the paint run.
Then flicked warm and cool greens along with pthalo blue, sprayed lightly some areas with a mister.
Next, I used a thin brush to put in quin. burnt orange in zig zaggy lines.
Last, I placed saran wrap on it and placed a book on it.

Let it dry for just a few minutes and lifted. Once the paint and paper were thoroughly dry I added touches of Quin. Gold and darkened areas. I see a couple of fish, a couple of figures and even a mermaid possibly. Such a fun way to paint!

I continued to play by doing some negative painting, adding in some cobalt blue.


Then I cropped the painting using photo imagining software.

4 comments:

Deborah A. Léger said...

I love the horizontal view of this! Looks like you had a great time playing, Ann, and that's just what you need every so often. ;-) You see fish and mermaids? Yes, this would make a great painting with fish and mermaids! When I look, I see florals, etc. lol. It's a fun, beautiful abstract!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Deb!

Dawn said...

very beautiful Ann! great colors!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Dawn!