Friday, April 18, 2008

Experimenting Again, Pears, Wear Sunglasses


This is actually painted on an 1/8th sheet of watercolor paper and cropped with a photo imaging program simply because I liked the crop better. The painting is definitely red but maybe not quite as saturated as it looks here. This was just a play piece for colors, thinking of warm shadows and cool lights. I kept forgetting to use warm colors in the shadows so tried lifting the cool colors and reapplying warm colors. I know the form of the pears could have some harder edges and be shaped better but still I like this and it looks better in real life.

4 comments:

Sandy Maudlin said...

This is exciting and very very good!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Sandy! It was such fun and a great stress reliever.

Deborah A. Léger said...

See Ann? Not ugly at all! If Sandy says they're good, then they are definitely good! :-) It reminds me of Carol Carter's style of colour work. Sizzling!!!

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Deb!