Sunday, February 17, 2008

Still Life Flowers Again


I just couldn't give up on this painting. It is really rough but it has taught me several things. The first being how much I need to learn about color, transitions, values and control of oil paints. Would I paint this again? Yes, definitely. I don't care for the leaves in part because of the light stripes that were going across each leaf but also because I thoroughly messed up the length of the stem and placement of the leaves. Am I disappointed with this painting? Not in the least.

2 comments:

Deborah A. Léger said...

Beautiful Ann! Now, STOP. lol, It's perfect just like this! I'm glad you put the shadows back in on the table - I loved them and was almost in shock when you took them out. ;-) That vase is incredible! And so are the shadows -you did a wonderful job on this and I'm glad you're happy with it. I sure am. Now, hang it and start another.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Deb! I'm definitely stopping on this one. The paint is soooo thick that it could almost stand up and walk by itself ha ha.