Friday, February 01, 2008

Addictions 3, Chocolate

I updated the painting, changing just a bit the upper foil on the viewer's right, added in some warmer tints into the foil, added more lights, and added the white paper ribbon at the base of the kiss.


I may put the little tag in to add a bit more interest but I want to look at this for a bit before continuing on. I am also not sure about the negative space near the upper foil area on the viewer's right. It may be a bit too static for my taste. The photo is reading a little darker than the painting actually is in real life.

2 comments:

Deborah A. Léger said...

Yummy! Your browns are so warm and mellow, Ann! I love the chocolate and also the foil wrapper! That's excellent also with all the lights in it. Beautiful painting! Your addiction series is so original.

Ann Buckner said...

Thanks Deb! I wasn't totally pleased with it so have redone parts of it. You know me, can't leave the brush alone. :D